Pender Harbour BBS
 - Forums - Reply - Statistics - Sign Up - Search - Go to Live Chat   

Pender Harbour BBS / LOCAL ISSUES: Decisions and situations that affect all of us in Pender Harbour. / Harbour Seal of Disapproval
Myrwin
# Posted: 9 Nov 2011 18:29 - Edited by: Myrwin

... to the Chamber of Commerce, who hosted the all-candidates meeting last night, for creating the most painfully boring, stilted and uninformative event of its type that I've seen since moving here in 1986.

Questions from the floor? No, go to the back of the room, write it on a form and wait until it's brought to the moderator up front. Then, the moderator adds his own lengthy introduction and background, rewords the question so it loses its intent and impact, and by this time the poor candidates didn't even know what they were supposed to be answering.

If you missed it, don't worry; it was a gong show. The high point of the evening was Mike Carson apologizing because his alternate, Barrie Wilbee, couldn't be there (I was sitting next to Barrie, and his nickname is now "The Invisible Man").

My take? Frank Mauro won this round for giving more direct answers to the questions and a much better knowledge of the area and its issues, and for not looking like he was asleep at the table.

Anyone else there? Any other opinions?

Your answer

Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link  Disable BB codes *What's that?

» Name  » Password 
 Only registered users can post here. Enter your login/password correctly before posting a message, or register first.